Saturday, November 15, 2014

The Envelope (Cash) System for Paying Weekly Bills

I was very blessed this week tom spend time with some fantastic ladies who taught me so much. They challenged me as well in the area of finances. The reason I started this blog was to *get control* of my budget and after having talked to these ladies this week, I am so inspired to put these into practice.

The one thing one of the ladies talked about was using the *envelope system* for paying your weekly bills. So this week I did just that by getting cash out of the ATM and dividing it up to pay our bills.

Here are the bills that are due this week:

Groceries
Gas
Car Payment
Animal Feed

The grocery money is where I have the most problems. $60 a week is usually sufficient to get us through the week. Though there are times when I want to spend more when I really don't need it at the time. That's when I pull out the debit card and swipe it. BAD!!!! Did you notice that I said I *WANTED* something extra, NOT needed it? That's the problem.

I definitely need to be more disciplined when it comes to wants vs. needs. Having that mindset will keep me on track. It's really all about discipline like a friend of mine mentioned this week.

Anyway, that's just one of the ways I was inspired this week with my finances. Now to put it into practice.

Here's a website you can go to that tells more about the details to using the envelope/cash only option.http://moneysavingmom.com/2008/08/budgeting-101-1.html or http://www.daveramsey.com/blog/envelope-system-explained

Here's to better finances and pleasing GOD with what HE has entrusted us to.

Have a blessed weekend in sweet JESUS!

Amanda <><
Matthew 6:33



No comments:

Post a Comment