Monday, December 29, 2014

2 Week Menu- (December 30th- January 15th)

 
 
It's been almost a month since I last posted. Now that Christmas is over its time to get back to the budget. I did go over the weekly grocery budget by about $60 for the month of December. Not good I know. It was Christmas though and I enjoy making *extras* for my family and my extended family.
 
Now with that confession made, its time to get back to business!
 
Here's the dinner menu plan for the next 2 weeks. It only includes dinners. Lunches and breakfasts are standard fare around here.
 
T- (30th)- Hamburgers & Homemade Ranch Fries
W- (31st)- Chicken Dumplings & Veggies
T-( 1st)- Reruns
F- (2nd)- Tacos
S-(3rd)- Homemade Lasagna & Salad
S- (4th)- Reruns
M- (5th)- Pancakes & Bacon
T- (6th)- Turkey, Stuffing & Veggies
 
W- (7th)- Reruns
T- (8th)- Onion Joes & Fries
F- (9th)- Soup & Sandwiches
S- (10th)- Homemade Pizza & Salad
S- (11th)- Reruns
M- (12th)- Dutch Potato Soup & Cheddar Cheese Cornbread
T- (13th)- Reruns
W- (14th)- Parmesan Chicken & Rice & Gravy/ Mashed Taters & Veggie
T- (15th)- Reruns
 
Here is what I will need to buy to complete the menu:
 
lettuce- 2 heads
tomato- 2 large
Hamburger Buns- 2 pks.
Bread- 2 weeks worth
Milk- 2 gallons
Eggs- 2 18 pks.
Chips- varies weekly
Chicken Breasts- 6 lbs.
mushrooms- 1 lb.
Orange Juice- 2 gallons
Oranges (looking for a good sale)
Salsa- 2 large jars
Tortilla Chips
Buttermilk
 
 
Cost  (about) $73 for 2 weeks or $37 for 1 week.
 
That leaves me with about $40 for 2 weeks. I'll use that to stock up on whatever sales the stores have coming up. LORD willin' that is.
 
I'm considering adding another $20 to my weekly menu so I can get more fresh fruit & juice. Making my weekly budget $80 a week instead of $60. I can afford to for now (thank you LORD!)
 
I guess I'll Just take it one week at a time and see if I can S_T_R_ E_T_C_H that $60 further.
 
Have a blessed week in Sweet JESUS!
 
Amanda
Matthew 6:33
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment